Wednesday, August 27, 2014

{REVIEW} Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Title: Attachments
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Publication: April 14th, 2011
Rating: ★★★★☆ +0.5

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It’s company policy.) But they can’t quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O’Neill can’t believe this is his job now- reading other people’s e-mail. When he applied to be “internet security officer,” he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth’s and Jennifer’s messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can’t help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories. And by the time Lincoln realizes he’s falling for Beth, it’s way too late to introduce himself.
I’m still so happy! Seriously, this one’s a book that makes you happy and giggly and laughing out loud and just love it so so much! Rainbow Rowell is such a talented writer and I already enjoyed Eleanor & Park, so I had kind of high expectations for this one … and well, it definitely lived up to them!

I instantly liked Lincoln because he’s such a nice and cute guy. You’d want a boyfriend like him … just because of what he told his ex-girfriend and then Beth – it was too cute! He’s caring and listening closely and he’s super smart and a good friend! Well, and obviously he’s goodlooking too! ;)

Beth & Jennifer’s emails were HILARIOUS! I marked so many good scenes and quotes, it’s amazing! They are both really funny and I enjoyed their conversations a lot! They talked about absolutely EVERYTHING and are such good friends! The stories they told each other were heartwarming (especially the ones where Beth meets Chris!) but also serious and sad. I get why Lincoln didn’t want to stop reading them – they are both super interesting characters!

It was really amazing to see the characters grow and live their own lifes … especially Lincoln changed a lot and made me love him even more!

The end was super cute and I couldn’t wait for it to finally happen but I wished there would have been some more chapters – it was almost a little bit too rushed in the end. But still awesome!

Everyone who loves Rainbow Rowell or wants to read a light, funny and lovely story HAS TO read Attachments! It’s so worth it, believe me! :D

★★★★☆ +0.5

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read "Attachments" for the longest time!! Seriously, it's been on my TBR since I read "Fangirl" earlier this year (it continues to be my favorite contemporary that isn't Stephanie Perkins). I'm so glad you liked it. As much as I want to read this immediately, I'm saving up for "Heir of Fire" and "The Infinite Sea" so... :( I'll definitely read this before the year ends though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Have you also read other books of Rainbow Rowell? I haven't read it yet but I already own it and I definitely have to read it soon ... my TBR pile is growing and growing, ahhhh. Oh and "Heir of Fire" is the new book of the Throne of Glass series, or? Haven't read that but it sounds interesting? I'm not so sure. But THE INFINITE SEA, AHHHH! I DEFINITELY have to get that as soon as it's out! I LOVED The 5th wave and I'm so excited to continue the story ... I need my Parish! ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.