Friday, November 14, 2014

{REVIEW} The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

Title: The Murder Complex
Author: Lindsay Cummings
Series: The Murder Complex #1
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia
Publication: June 10th, 2014
Rating: ★★★★★

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or part of a strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?
"Welcome to the Murder Complex.
You cannot see us. You cannot feel us.
But we are here.
And we control your every move."

I feel like someone beat the crap out of me after finishing "The Murder Complex"! Even the very first page, the first quote/introduction I read gives me the chills! Honestly, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did after reading "The Fear Trials" - don't get me wrong, I loved TFT but I was so confused and had a lot of questions and basically I didn't even know what was going on ... but I was curious! Curious enough to read TMC and I don't regret it! Of course I was still confused at the beginning and all that but once I gave it a chance and let the book explain itself I was instantly hooked!


"Sometimes we have go give up little pieces of our humanity so that we can keep living."

I loved Meadow right from the beginning and I was impressed at how brave and tough she was! I didn't even question any of her actions - for me, and in all those situations, they were totally understandable. She was pretty badass and I loved her for that! She always knew how to survive on her own and protect her family and do what she had to do ... and still she was a girl with flaws and emotions and ugh, I love Meadow Woodson!

The other characters were also great and I especially liked all the "family-scenes" and the talks they all had. Well, and the second main character - it was a surprise for me to read another POV! I didn't read anything about the book before I started it, so I didn't know anything about Zephyr. But damn, what a fascinating character! I think I fell in love with him ... his story and background, his memories and all the things that happened to him were so interesting and I always wanted to find out more about him! 



"She keeps me sane when nothing else can."

The plot itself was ... amazing! There were some VERY GOOD plot twist that I didn't expect, not at all, and I just couldn't put it out of my hands! Everything was so fast-paced and thrilling but also terrifying ... with each site more and more questions were answered and you found yourself in a fascinating but horrible world. One that contains your nightmares but oh god, everything was so well described! One moment you're 'okay' but the next you're already angry and want to smash something, or you want to cry and cover your eyes because you don't want to read what's about to happen next. There are some lovely little scenes that make you smile and some serious talks that are very important, you feel pity and anger and sometimes you don't even know what you feel ...


Well, and the end? SIMPLY AMAZING! I have so many questions and I'm curious and I need more! Right now! Lindsay Cummings, very, very well done ... I'm hooked, I can't wait for more and you have a new fan - thank you for this little piece of awesomeness, I enjoyed it a lot!


★★★★★ 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much. =) This has been on my radar since I first found it in a WoW, but I don't own it. One of the many awesome books that will escape me, I'm afraid...
    Well, I hope you will not distraced by tons of other books when you get your hands on the seuqel, like it tends to happen to me all the time. x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, no! You have to read this someday! It was seriously so, so good! :D
      And nope, I'll definitely make time for the sequel ... I've been dying to read this ever since I finished TMC and the little novella - I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! HURRY UP, APRIL!!! Haha :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥