Sunday, January 25, 2015

{REVIEW} Angelfall by Susan Ee

Title: Angelfall 
Author: Susan Ee 
Series: Penryn & the End of Days #1 
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Angels, Dystopia
Publication: May 21st, 2011
Rating: ★★★★★

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back. Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

OH. MY. GOD!!!!! What did I just read?! Seriously, that wasn’t what I expected. I knew it’s about angels and an apocalypse. Well, I read a few angel books before so I was expecting something similar but this? Noooo, that was SOO MUCH BETTER!! I’m keeping this short because my mind is still blown away but let me tell you: IT WAS AMAZING!

Penryn (such a pretty name!) is an awesome character - she’s clever, she thinks before she acts, she’s brave but also stubborn, she’s determined to find her sister again and really, really badass! It always makes me happy to read about characters that aren’t completely blinded by love or stupidness and that aren’t constantly in danger so someone has to rescue them - Penryn is the exact opposite of that! I loved her right from the beginning and throughout the book my love grew bigger and bigger!

Raffe is the next good thing - the fact that he and all the others aren’t “normal” angels (I mean the ones we usually read about - good and nice ones that protect people and so on) was so interesting and refreshing! It makes the book darker and a lot more creepier but soooo good! Raffe is mysterious, sexy and just really, really cool. A character I need to know more about … like RIGHT NOW!

The story was fast-paced, thrilling and very well written! I couldn’t and didn’t want to put it down - I always wanted to know what happens next … a real page-turner! Well and the end was BOMBASTIC! Everything was detailed and very easy to picture. The ending was definitely one of my favorite parts and yeeees, I even got teary eyes at some points.

I already bought the second book “World After” and I’m so excited! Can’t wait to continue the story of Penryn and her family … and Raffe of course!

★★★★★

4 comments:

  1. Aghhh, I'm very excited you read this book! It's been on my TBR for a while, but I don't think I'll get to it soon.. I have other books that are high on my list :(

    Great review though, PENRYN IS A GORGEOUS NAME<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well I hope you can still read it someday! It's amazing and I loved it so, so much! I remember I was soooo obsessed with everything about this book as I finished it! *___*

      Delete
  2. This was nothing like what I expected either; it was so good! Penryn did annoy me a few times in it, but overall I agree with you. She was badass and I loved how she as so focused on finding her sister! I love familial relationships in YA, I feel like there aren't enough of them. I borrowed World After from my library but I haven't got round to reading it yet and I have to return it soon :( I'll definitely check it out again when I have time though because I can't wait to see where the story goes!

    I've also nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. ^_^

    Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's normal! Every character annoys us sometimes and that's good actually! But I totally agree with you - there's definitely not enough familial relationships! >.<

      Well, I already read Angelfall last year ... around summer time, I think? I haven't got around reading World After yet but hopefully I can do that soon - I always look at it in my shelf and it BEGS me to finally be read. :D

      Awww thank you Charlotte! ♥ I just read your questions and love them! I'll answer them soon! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.