Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#30): Soundless

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Soundless
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Expected Publication Date: November 17th, 2015


For as long as Fei can remember, there has been no sound in her village, where rocky terrain and frequent avalanches prevent residents from self-sustaining. Fei and her people are at the mercy of a zipline that carries food up the treacherous cliffs from Beiguo, a mysterious faraway kingdom.

When villagers begin to lose their sight, deliveries from the zipline shrink and many go hungry. Fei’s home, the people she loves, and her entire existence is plunged into crisis, under threat of darkness and starvation.

But soon Fei is awoken in the night by a searing noise, and sound becomes her weapon.

Richelle Mead takes readers on a triumphant journey from the peak of Fei’s jagged mountain village to the valley of Beiugo, where a startling truth and an unlikely romance will change her life forever...
 

Why am I waiting?

Richelle Mead is a genius. I loved her Vampire Academy books, then she surprised us and wrote the Bloodlines spin-off series - which I equally loved (if not even a bit more!) - and has loads of other books ... although I have to admit, that I didn't read them, I think. She's still one of my favorite authors and her new book sounds super interesting! I absolutely love the cover and am really excited for this!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this title and it sounds great! I confess that I really like the fact that it's a stand-alone, too. Although I love and I'm an avid reader of series, I'm keeping up with too many (who doesn't, right?), so a stand-alone from time to time sounds more than perfect to me!

    Thanks for sharing this, and here's my WoW.
    Also, I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too! All her other books are a part of long series and like you, I already started too many and barely keep up reading them all, haha. It's also her first stand-alone so I'm pretty excited how she'll manage that and if we'll be happy with her ending and all the rest!

      Thank you for stopping by & following! <3

      Delete
  2. I can't stop smiling when I see this book on blogs. I'm SO excited about it and I hope I'll love it as much as Vampire Academy and Bloodlines. ^^

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm so in love with her characters (especially Adrian) and I'm really curious about the ones in this book! I have no doubt they'll be interesting and hopefully also unique. :D

      Delete
  3. I had this on a WoW a few weeks ago! Totally in love with it! Great pick this week and thanks for stopping by my blog last week.

    My WoW

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is breathtaking...


    Orsayor @ Book Referees

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new book by Richelle Mead. Count me in and this time with Asian features?! Great pick! Check out mine: http://bit.ly/1cweceO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one! I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That's one intriguing blurb, not the mention the cover is lovely! It seems like this is going to be one awesome read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itchingforbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree, this will be an amazing book. I hope it lives up to everything it promises to be! Great pick.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-warrior.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally want to get into Vampire Academy, everything I've heard is amazing. And gosh, I just love Asian chics on covers. x) Hope you enjoy this new series! =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥