Tuesday, August 4, 2015

{REVIEW} Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead

Title: Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel #1 
Genre: Graphic Novel, Paranormal, Young Adult
Publication: August 23rd, 2011
Rating: ★★★★☆

After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.

Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.
This is my second Graphic Novel to read! Before that I only read the first 2 "books" of The Walking Dead but absolutely loved them. Vampire Academy is a series very dear to my heart and therefore I just couldn't resist and had to get the Graphic Novel as well! And ... I DON'T REGRET IT!

Graphic Novels are such fast reads and because I wanted to be on track with my Goodreads challenge I thought I should finally pick it up! It's a great revision and made me remember the book very good. Ohhh, and I absolutely adored the drawings! I didn't like Lissa a lot but Rose and Dimitri look both really, really hot! For real ... shirtless Dimitri? HELL YES.

Of course it's not as detailed as the book itself but I still think they did a pretty good job at summarizing everything. It's lovely to look at, very interesting to read and definitely a great addition to my Vampire Academy collection.

I'm really looking forward to starting Frostbite. I mean ... ADRIAN IVASHKOV. I NEED THIS!!! <3 I definitely have to buy it soon ... and I think 10€ is pretty cheap! The TWD graphic novels are a lot more expensive. Sadly. *sigh*

★★★★☆

Have you read any graphic novels? Is there anything YOU can recommend me? I'd love to check out other ones as well! <3

2 comments:

  1. I'd totally recommend "The Wicked + The Divine". It's the first Graphic Novel I've read and I absolutely loved it!
    Other than that I'm just starting with Marvel Comics, Black Widow being my first.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the blurb and ... IT SOUND GREAT! Thank you for telling me about this, I added it to my TBR list! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.