Saturday, September 5, 2015

I was at Madame Tussauds in Vienna!

Hello, you lovely bunch of people! You're probably wondering what's going on with this ... totally different post, so let me briefly explain. Last Saturday I was at Madame Tussauds with my family & relatives and because I took quite a few pictures I thought I could also share them with you! I'm not going to show any of my family members but there will be a few with an awkward-me, just please bear in mind that I'm absolutely NOT photogenic and mostly look totally weird. Like, obviously my family has a talent for taking the most ridiculous pictures of me ever. *sigh*

famous Austrian composer, Mozart

The figures

It was my first time ever going to Madame Tussauds, so of course, I was pretty excited. Let me just say: We had lots of fun and even though I expected a few more figures, it's definitely worth seeing, in my opinion. Since it's located in Vienna I could've already guessed that there would be lots of figures of famous people from Vienna (duh), like our Bundespräsident (federal president), Heinz Fischer, and all those old composers, such as Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert.

Albert Einstein was a favorite of mine but sadly I didn't get a good picture with/of him, oh well. He looked amazing in front of his chalk board and his "hand-on-hip" pose was great too! In general I liked the surroundings of most figures a lot! Sigmund Freud had one of those famous psychologist "couches" that you could lie on, Napoleon had a canon next to him and George Clooney sat at a table and drank coffee (I'm sure it was Nespresso, haha).


Madame Tussaud
All in all there were 3 floors with figures - well, the second one was just with Madame Tussaud herself and a place where you could get a wax figure of your hands, which I didn't try, by the way. There was a couple just doing that and it didn't quite work, so yeah. I did however get a "coin" with one of our sights on it - I got the St. Stephen's Cathedral/Stephansdom while my brother got one with Mozart.

On the first floor were lots of political/cultural/historical figures, such as Anne Frank, Angela Merkel (federal chancellor of Germany), Queen Elisabeth II., Sissi (former queen of Austria) and lots more. There was even a figure of Mahatma Gandhi and the Dalai Lama, as well as Barack Obama.

On the third floor where the film stars! Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, Madonna, Brad Pitt and and and. Did I mention that I absolutely adored this floor? I mean, come on ... Johnny Depp? Leonardo DiCaprio (although he looked terrible, I must admit), Daniel Craig, Will Smith (he looked awful too), Robby Williams, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and so many more! I think I knew every one of them ... if I remember correctly. I could go on and on with this list of people but I think that's enough, isn't it? Yes, there were lots of figures but I still expected some different ones ...

Daniel Craig, 007 James Bond

"The aftermath"

The Viennese Madame Tussauds is in our famous amusement park - we just call it Prater - and therefore we spent some time there too. It was fun, there were lots of people and even though it was super hot we managed to enjoy the sun with our slushies and ice cream! A well-spent day, if you ask me! Especially if you're with your family and the ones you love. :D

And because I promised you some awkward pictures of me ... here's a little collage I created for you. Oh why am I even doing this?! I obviously like to embarras myself. Oh well, whatever ...


Have you ever been to Madame Tussauds? What did you think of it? :)

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to Madame Tussauds someday.The one in Vienna looks really awesome. Hope you had fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It's great seeing it! :D

      Delete
  2. OMG that Jonny Depp!! <3 This looks so cool! I've been to a wax museum before, but definitely not this one. I'm glad you had fun!!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny Depp was one of my faves too! Some of the figures looked so real, it's incredible! :D

      Delete
  3. Love this! I've visited the Madame Tussauds (duh I never know how to spell her name^^) in Berlin and it was absolutely fabulous - wish I could one day visit the big ones in America though.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes! I bet the ones in America are even cooler! :D Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥