Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#50): Dreamland

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Dreamland
Author:
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy
Expected Publication Date: September 22nd, 2015


Odea Donahue has been able to travel through people’s dreams since she was six years old. Her mother taught her the three rules of walking: Never interfere. Never be seen. Never walk the same person’s dream more than once. Dea has never questioned her mother, not about the rules, not about the clocks or the mirrors, not about moving from place to place to be one step ahead of the unseen monsters that Dea’s mother is certain are right behind them.

Then a mysterious new boy, Connor, comes to town and Dea finally starts to feel normal. As Connor breaks down the walls that she’s had up for so long, he gets closer to learning her secret. For the first time she wonders if that’s so bad. But when Dea breaks the rules, the boundary between worlds begins to deteriorate. How can she know what’s real and what’s not?
 

Why am I waiting?

I'm not a huge fan of time travelling stories ... or dream walking, whatever ... but this one sounds interesting, I think. I just don't want it to be an Insta-love between Odea and Conner. Please don't do this. It's annoying, doesn't make sense and usually ends up with me being super frustrated. Other than that I'm pretty excited for it! :)

22 comments:

  1. Books with dream walkers always remind (and make me miss) Adrian Ivashkov. *sighs* But it sounds like a pretty good and intriguing book. And yes, hopefully no insta-love. Anything but that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, you're right! He didn't even cross my mind then ... oops. :D

      Delete
  2. Dreamwalkers. Reminds me of a bit of lore from the Dragon Age game. And I agree: no instalove!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard of it but never played it, so I wouldn't know. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I totally like the concept of this one as well. Great pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems good. I like the concept of dream walking and am curious as to how this one will play out. Awesome pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Enter to win "The Ones We Trust"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've read anything with dream walking in it before, so I'm quite curious! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. I think the idea of dream walkers is really interesting, if it is done right, so perhaps this one will be the one to get it! I hope you like it :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound interesting. I'm with you though I hope they don't do an insta love thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most annoying thing ever, right? Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  7. Oooh, this sounds good! I'm not a fan of insta-love either so hopefully the author will avoid that. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I never understand why there's insta-love ... it's just soooo annoying. *sigh*

      Thank YOU for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. It does sound interesting and insta love is annoying but on a very rare occasion, I don't mind reading insta-love, if I like the writing. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the writing's awesome and it ... kinda makes "sense", I have nothing against it! I guess it also has a lot to do with the characters, if you like them or not. :D

      Delete
  9. The dream walking plots kind of intrigue me!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that! I hope you'll like it if you're gonna read it! :)

      Delete
  10. OMG! I have been eyeing this book forever! I can't wait for it either. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember seeing this one on Edelweiss! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh great pick I have also been interested in this book when I first heard about it. I also have not read a book quite like this one yet but it looks and sounds really intriguing. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your Waiting on Wednesdays! This one sounds interesting. I haven't read many dreamwalking stories, so I will have to check this one out!
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.