Thursday, January 14, 2016

The R.I.P. It or Ship It Book Tag

I was tagged by the wonderful JM @ Book Freak Revelations to do the RIP IT OR SHIP IT tag - thank you! Can we just appreciate this epic idea?! I LOVE this! Basically you just write down a couple of names from books you liked (or didn't like), throw them in a mug or something else and draw 2 stripes for each "round" - the people you get are a pair ... do you SHIP it? Or RIP it? Such a fun idea, so let's get started! :D


1. Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses and Dorian Havillard from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas -- My first reaction was HECK YES!!! I mean, I absolutely adore both characters soooo much and imagining them to be together ... HOLY SMOKES. Dorian is such a sweet guy and I feel like he could bring out another side in Rhysand. We don't know much about him at this point but surely there's more to find out ... Dorian would be a great help at discovering these sides, I think. SHIP IT! #Rhysian

2. Aaron Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi and Penryn Young from the Penryn & the End of Days series by Susan Ee -- I don't really know what to think of these two ... the people who know me, also know that Warner is like my ALLTIME FAVORITE CHARACTER and that I love him loads!!! *ahem* I ship him with me Juliette and while I think she and Penryn have some similarities and actually would be & look (this girl could also be my Juliette!) pretty awesome together ... I'M SO TORN. Especially since Warner and I are destined to be together some time. Just sayin'. And no, I don't care that he's fictional, pah! Love conquers everything, right? I just can't bring myself to say it ... I'll have to go with RIP IT!

3. Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and Linh Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer -- One big fat NO. There's no way anyone can ship these two, am I right?! They're just complete opposites and while Cinder is caring, cute and trying to help, Voldemort is just evil and obviously tries to kill people. I don't see how they could even make a great couple or less. Nope, RIP IT!

4. Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas and Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead -- How about ... YES?! I think these two would be EPIC together. Two really badass characters, both a little stubborn but ultimately they would make a great team, in my opinion! They're both sassy, fierce and don't take shit from others ... I say SHIP IT! #Rolaena

5. Meira from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch and Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo -- I adore Kaz, I really do, but I don't think he'd make a great couple with Meira. Just nope. Meira wants (and deserves!) someone that really cares about her. Someone that shows her what he feels and I don't think Kaz would be able to do that. He rarely expresses his real emotions, which makes it hard to truly understand what he feels. RIP IT!

6. Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and Alice Reeves/Liddell from The Collectors' Society series by Heather Lyons -- Alright, another one of my alltime favorite characters! I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work. Alice would kick Adrian's ass but I guess they would only annoy each other after a while - they're just too different. Definitely not shipping it, so ... RIP IT!

7. Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer and The Darkling from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo -- Okay, OH MY GOD. Just imagine, how epic would it be if these two were together?!? I recently finished Scarlet and Levana is extremly unlikeable ... I kinda like The Darkling though, hmmm. They're both the villains in the series, power-hungry, manipulative and want to rule the world ... I think together they could make it? They'd be a real threat and lot harder to defeat, I guess. Either way, I SHIP IT! #Darvana

8. Raffe from the Penryn & the End of Days series by Susan Ee and Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins -- I'm digging it! Katniss is badass and Raffe likes girls that take no shit from others ... Katniss would definitely NOT want someone that fights for her, but with her and I can totally imagine these two in an epic battle scene. Also, I have a feeling he would gladly spend some time with our Mockingjay. SHIP IT! #Ratniss (ugh for ship name)


9. The White King / Jace from The Collectors' Society series by Heather Lyons and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling -- Hmmm, this is a hard one. Jace is such a humble and loving character but I can't imagine them to be in a relationship. He'd be a little too old for her and in my head I only see them having great conversations about lots of different things. I'm sure Hermione would want to learn everything about Wonderland and Jace about magic and Hogwarts. So, as friends I would ship it but otherwise ... RIP IT!

10. Captain Thorne Carswell from the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer and Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- Again something I'm not really sure of ... it could work? Then again I don't know Thorne well enough. So far he's been very funny and talkative which would be perfect for Cath, I guess. He would probably tease her a lot (in a sweet way!) and might be able to bring her out of her shell. I honestly can't decide ... what would you say?

__________________________________________________________________

And that was the last one! I had so much fun doing this tag! Some of the pairings I got were AMAZING and I'm now shipping them. Hardcore. I NEED THIS TO BE REAL!!! 

I'm tagging ...
__________________________________________
Drawing of Cinder, Thorne & Levana by http://lostie815.deviantart.com/
Drawing of The Darkling by http://las-t.deviantart.com/
Drawing of Cath by http://siminiblocker.tumblr.com/

16 comments:

  1. AWESOME POST AARGHHHH!!!! ♥♥

    I can't wait to start on mine!

    (PS: I kind of lost it as #Ratniss hahahah :D The most funny ship name ever haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH!!! Thank you so much, sweetie!! ♥
      I already can't wait to see your pairs, haha. And yes ... #Ratniss will rule the world with their weird ship-name. I couldn't come up with anything better, ALL sounded super creepy. :P

      Delete
    2. I agree with most.. (But some characters I have yet to fall in love with. Really need to get to the Vampire Academy and Shatter me series ASAP!), but.. haha. I love this so much. I think I actually would ship Jace and Hermione? I don't know. I think they might work. XD Also, it's funny how you RIP Meira and Kaz because she deserves better. Well, I'd rip them because I feel like maybe she's not good enough for him. Oops. xD AND, Cath and Thorne would be adorable.. just saying. Haha.

      Maaike @ All These Lives I Live

      Delete
    3. You DEFINITELY need to read VA and Bloodlines. Even if only for Adrian and Fimitri, haha. :D

      That's what I was thinking too! Jace and Hermione COULD work but ... gaaah, I'm not sure, haha. Thorne and Cath are really adorable though. :P

      As of Meira and Kaz ... Kaz is definitely one of my favorites as well, so he totally deserves someone GORGEOUS. I like Meira too but Kaz wouldn't be right for her - or Meira right for Kaz for that matter. :P Not because he's not enough/good for her (we all know he's freaking amazing!) but because he wouldn't be able to show his feels as much as she would want him too - kinda like Mather, I think. She probably needs someone that is completely open and honest with her about how he feels. Oh well. :D

      Delete
  2. Pretty much died over Ratniss. That is the funniest ship name ever!

    I, too, cannot see Warner with anyone except Juliette... and me... Because my last name is Werner... Warner & Werner. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, EVERYONE sounded so weird! :D

      That is pretty cool, oh my god. I'm happy to see there's another Warler-lover out there! He's perfection! *heart eyes* ♥

      Delete
  3. Thorne and Cath would be perfection, I think. Mostly because I relate to Cath SO MUCH so you basically shipped me and Thorne (whom I ADORE!) ♥

    Thanks for the tag. I would definitely do this. It looks so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!!! This is so cute! I feel like I need to Cress asap to understand WHY everyone's so in love with him, aahhh! :D

      I'm looking forward to your post! ♥

      Delete
  4. YAY for being tagged in something! Cath is a lot like Cress, so I think she and Thorne might be okay, but somehow I still don't think they would be great together. (I may also ship myself with Thorne, so there is that.)
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thorne and you would probably be AMAZING as well! I was just thinking ... maybe I should've included my name in there, just to see who I would've got. :P Obviously I'll end up with Warner but oh well. :D

      Delete
  5. Omg, CELAENA AND ROSE WOULD BE SO INCREDIBLY EPIC! Those two are my top favorite heroines. Just imagine the banter between them, it would have me in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!?! I can already imagine it SO WELL. I need this in my life, I'm serious. It would be badass and freaking epic! :D *hyperventilates*

      Delete
  6. This is such a fan post :) I do not know all the characters so I cant say if I would agree with you or not. But it pains me to see Raffe or Penryn paired with someone else, I just love them together too much LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Raffe & Penryn are amazing together! I would've loved to get this two in one round, haha. :D

      Delete
  7. YAAS to Celaena and Rose!! I totally ship that. I think they would be so good together! I love them both (Rose more), and I would really like to see them fighting side by side. Or Rose in the TOG world. Now that is something I would pay to read... XD

    Thanks for the tag! I can't wait to get started on this - hopefully my post will be up sometime soon :)
    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose was one of my first favorite characters EVER. She definitely holds a special place in my heart - I WOULD BUY IT TOO!! Immediately! Just imagine how epic it would be, ohmygod! :D

      Yay! I'm glad you want to do it - can't wait to see your post! ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.