The lovely Melissa @ In A Bookish World tagged me to do the TOTALLY SHOULD'VE tag - thanks a lot! I've seen this (and similar) tags on Youtube a few times and they're always great, so here I am joining the fun ... and desperately thinking about different answers to Melissa's! :D
1. Totally should’ve gotten a sequelOkay, this seems like a super easy question but it's actually really hard?! Apparently I read mostly series so there's no need to ask for a sequel ... HELP - also recommend me a few great stand-alone's, please! So yeah ... of the few not-series I've read I would go for Shutter by Courtney Alameda! Such an amazing YA Horror book with brilliant and funny characters - I ADORED THIS AND WANT MORE!!!
2. Totally should’ve had a spin off seriesThe obvious answer to this would be Harry Potter *looks grumpily at Melissa* - it gives SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Buuuut ... different answers to Melissa's, so I'm going with The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons! This one also has lots of potential and since there are SO MANY worlds and different characters, I would love to read this!
3. An author who totally should write more booksMy first thought was Tahereh Mafi. Whatever this woman is going to write, I'll read it! Warner is my alltime favorite character and that proves a lot. I mean ... she created him. Imagine what else she can do; which other characters there'll be?! I'M DYING! SEND HELP!!!
4. A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone elseOh man ... I have to say Alina Starkov from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Sorry, I just had a different ending in mind - one that involved some other guy and Alina. I don't want to mention names in case you haven't read it yet but this guy? He owned my heart! So much love for him. *sigh*
5. Totally should’ve ended differentlyGirl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. It's the second (and last) book in the Anna duology and was ... disappointing. Nothing like the first one and I even wrote in my review that I "could've thought of at least 2 alternate endings that I would've prefered" - I don't think I need to say more, right?
6. Totally should’ve had a movie franchiseA movie? Hmmm, book-to-movie adaptations almost never turn out as good as the books. However, I think that the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu would make a great movie(s)! Lots of action scenes and brilliant characters ... it would be really cool! Or Angelfall? Oh well, it depends on so many things.
7. Totally should’ve had a TV showI'm terrible at this, ugh. Actually I don't know?! I love The Walking Dead and I think it was based on the comics but now the new Shadowhunters series started and ... well, the feedback is not really exciting. I haven't watched it (also haven't read the books) so I don't know anything about it but I'm mostly sceptical. However, I think that The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer would make an awesome tv show - with every new book it gets more complicated and new characters are being introduced ... just think of it for a second! I would totally watch this!
8. Totally should’ve had only one point of viewI have no idea. I'm sure there are some books with multiple POV's where the author could've just used one but I don't remember any? Lots of people go with Allegiant but I haven't read that one ... any other suggestions?
9. Totally should have a cover changeUmm, definitely The Maze Runner by James Dasher. At least the first book. It's just ... green. This could've been so much better, I think, so yeah ... please change it. *whispers* Although I don't care that much.
10. Totally should’ve stopped at book
I'm going to change this a little because The Selection series by Kiera Cass was alright and even though it's kinda stupid it's also addictive. The series should've stopped after the third book though. Weirdly enough, I enjoyed The Heir but I still think it's unnecessary. Like, I wouldn't have needed it? It wouldn't have bothered me if there was no fourth and fifth novel.
11. Totally should’ve kept the original coversThe Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout because ... how about NO?! Those new covers look hideous! It looks like something I create with Paint - ugly font, white background and half the face of a model on the right side. Just no. I don't even get why someone thinks it's a good idea to change covers mid-series ... to EVEN WORSE LOOKING covers?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! Honestly, I don't get it.
Thanks again for tagging me, Melissa! Though questions but I had fun answering them! :D
I'm tagging ...