Author: J. K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #4
Genre: Fantasy, Children, Young Adult
Publication: July 8th, 2000
When the Quidditch World Cup is disrupted by Voldemort’s rampaging supporters and the terrifying Dark Mark appears against the night sky, it is obvious to Harry Potter that, far from weakening, Voldemort is getting stronger. Back at Hogwarts for the fourth year Harry is astonished to be chosen to represent the school in the Triwizard Tournament. The competition is dangerous, the tasks terrifying, and true courage is no guarantee of survival – especially with the Dark Lord’s forces on the rise …
I don't even remember much about the movie and therefore I was constantly surprised/confused and awestruck while listening because I forgot almost everything. There were certain things that I remembered, of course, but others I just completely forgot. IT WAS AWESOME. It's like I was experiencing this whole adventure from the scratch! However, I don't seem to be able to form proper words to express my love, therefore I'll just make a list with things I loved and things that bothered me a little.
"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
Things I loved:- The Weasley's: they're like one of my FAVORITE familes ever. I adore each and everyone so, so much and care so deeply for them! Mr and Mrs Weasley are amazing and always make me smile, as well as Fred and George. They're so funny! I already expressed my love for Ron in the previous reviews but again here: I ADORE HIM.
- Sirius Black: HE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS, OKAY? Honestly, I loved him in book 3 and am so happy that he also was a part of this book (even if just a small one). How much he cares for Harry and how he's trying to protect him and be there for him even though it's dangerous ... goooosh!
- DRAGONS: I didn't remember dragons from the movie??? Like, WHERE WERE THEY?! It was so epic to read about them ... I don't even need to say more, right? Dragons are epic. Enough said.
- CÉDRIC DIGGORY: Yes, my heart broke for him. That's one detail I remembered and it was as sad as I expected it to be. Maybe even more so. I was heartbroken. *cries* I think a Harry/Cédric friendship would've been great.
- THE ENDING: I was listening to it on the train and when a certain thing was revealed I was like: "WHAAAT?!? No, that can't be true!!!" Honestly, I was SHOCKED. You can ask Melissa, she has proof.
Things I didn't like:- Ron & Harry fighting: excuse me but I was starting to get a little bit annoyed with their fight ... it went on for sooooo long over something so stupid and I just wanted to force them to talk with each other again. They were both acting incredibly childish, ugh.
- My own stupidity: Apparently I haven't even SEEN the movie?! Ignore all comments I made about having seen it ... I most certainly haven't! I can't believe it but the more and more I listened/read and the further I got, the less I "remembered". I think someone just spoiled me or I saw pictures/gifs somewhere on the internet but I haven't actually seen the movie. I don't know how I was able to do that but don't worry, I'll get to it right now! By the time this review is up, I already watched it, wohoo!
- Some parts were too long: I don't really know how else to describe it but some things just dragged ... they went on and on and on and I was wondering when something else would be happening again.
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."
Obviously, these negative things didn't stop me from loving this book. I enjoyed it a lot and already can't wait to get my hands on book 5 ... although I still haven't decided if I'll read it or listen to the audiobook again. Maybe I'll do both, haha. So please, everyone who hasn't started the Harry Potter series yet: GO DO IT NOW. It's worth it!