Saturday, April 9, 2016

{REVIEW} Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

Title: Saga, Vol. 1
Author: Brian K. Vaughan
Series: Saga #1
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy
Publication: October 23rd, 2012
Rating: ★★★★☆

When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.

From bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan, Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults. 


Collects Saga issues #1-6
I haven't read many Graphic Novels yet ... actually, I think The Walking Dead & Vampire Academy were the first and only ones I picked up. I love "normally" written books but once in a while it's good to mix things up a bit, no? Especially when you're in a reading slump ... so, after Melissa told me about the series and started it herself, I just had to look into it too - I'm super glad I did!

The artwork is actually pretty cool - not the prettiest I've seen but it's still gorgeous and I like that it looks so raw. I don't know if I even make sense right now but it's a lot more graphic, brutal and shocking than anything else I've seen so far. I like it though. I think it fits the story well and gives it something special. Also, I'm pretty fond of the way it's written - the narration is out of Hazel's POV and in this first volume she's only a baby and ... well, it's cool, okay? Unique. ME LIKEY.

I didn't have any expectations when I started this so I can't even say if they're fulfilled or not. That's also why I'm not quite sure about my rating ... it's such a short first "book" but I'm definitely intrigued and will continue with the next volumes as soon as possible!

★★★★☆

4 comments:

  1. I've always had this on my radar and I have heard amazing things about it, so I'm not surprised you liked it. It is way too hyped up, and I've also heard that they get better as you go, so happy reading!♥ great review

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've actually read the first 3 volumes so far ... it's reads super quickly and the way it is narrated makes it even more interesting! :D

      Delete
  2. I had a copy of this one for about a day, but I exchanged it for something else! XD I'm really glad you loved it though! I may get a copy from the library, but they're way too expensive to buy!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really expensive, yes ... but then again, most GN's are, haha. I hope you enjoy itif you decide to read them! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥