Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bookish phone wallpapers

Hello everyone! Today I want to talk about something I used to do back in my Tumblr time - creating "fanart". Now, I'm terrible at drawing something myself but I guess I'm not that bad when it comes to Photoshop. We've been friends for so long already and even though he sometimes is a real pain in the ass and annoys me endlessly, I love him. Dearly.
You hear that, buddy? I LOVE YOU.
_____________________________________________________________

So yes, I created wallpapers, icons, graphics - I even tried GIF's at one point - for various fandoms I was/am in. The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Under the Dome but mostly it was Supernatural and Vampire Diaries (Destiel & Klaroline ftw!!). ♥ I thought ... Why not try it with books? Ever since I saw the gorgeous Throne of Glass wallpapers from Aentee, I wanted to try some myself. It's a lot harder than I expected but I managed to create 4 phone backgrounds for YOU to download, if you want!


Click to download in from Dropbox!

What do you think of them? Do you want me to make more? Of which books/series/quotes? Or fandoms? I really want to get back to this and am open for any ideas/wishes!

20 comments:

  1. THESE LOOK FANTASTIC, YVONNE! I don't do wallpapers on the blog, just quote poster designs, but these really look great :D Loving the ones for Sarah J Maas' books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SO MUCH, HAZEL!! ♥ It was a lot harder than I thought to be honest, haha. I'm glad they turned out to be good. :D

      Delete
  2. Omg! I love these! You should also consider doing some for the Lunar Chronicles and the Raven Cycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley!! <3 I definitely will - I know the Lunar Chronicles and TRC is on my TBR, so I'm sure sooner or later there will be wallpapers, haha. :D

      Delete
  3. These are so cool!! I love the ACOTAR one! I can't wait to see what you do with ACOMAF! :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL MY FEELS. I really hope I can do something good with it, haha. Thanks so much, Tracy!! ♥

      Delete
  4. I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!! The one for A Monster Calls is my favourite - the illustrations in the books are stunning and really enhance the reading. I think using the wallpaper might creep me out a little if ever I check my phone at night, haha! Thank you so much for creating and sharing these ♥♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEES!! I loved the illustrations as well - they're so pretty and make the book extra special. I'm SUPER glad you like them, Denise! Thanks so much! ♥

      Delete
  5. These wallpapers are really good! I love the Monster Calls one, it really fits the atmosphere of the book. Can't wait to see more!♥

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tasya! It really means a lot to me that you guys seem to like them! :D ♥

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are all amazing! I think the one for A Darker Shade of Magic is my favorite, though! There's just something about it that I couldn't tear my eyes away from. Amazing job and I hope you keep doing these. :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I'm so glad you like it! I'll definitely try some more in the future and share them again, haha. :D ♥

      Delete
  7. These are so amazing, Yvonne! The one of ACOTAR is my favorite. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I didn't think the ACOTAR one would be so popular? It's definitely not MY favorite but I'm so happy you like it, haha. ♥

      Delete
  8. AAAARGH, I LOVE THEM. I am in desperate need of a Rhysand one, though.. ♥ I also REALLY need to read 'A Monster Calls' soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YOU HAVE TO!!! It's soooo good and I cried my eyes out. Awesome book, really. ♥ AND THANK YOU!! I'll try something about Rhysand (hopefully) soon! :D

      Delete
  9. Wow these are SUPER GOOD! You should do more!!! I love finding new phone wallpapers with YA book quotes. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I'll definitely try some more in the future! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.