Saturday, October 29, 2016

4 books I wanted to read this Halloween/October

You know, I absolutely love October and Halloween. I usually have a set TBR for this month because I love to be in a creepy mood this time of the year. I read really good and awesome YA horror books last year so I planned on continuing with even better ones this year but - oh, surprise - a nasty reading slump let me fail all my reading/blogging goals. Sigh. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share what books I wanted  to read!


1. Under My Skin by James Dawson

So, last year I read Say Her Name by the same author and really liked it! It gave me the creeps and definitely spooked me a few times. Sure, it wasn't the best book I've read and also not the scariest but I had a good time with it and therefore wanted to check out his other YA Horror book as well - and also, it has pink stained pages, gaaah!


2. The Dark House series by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I. HAVE. BEEN. WAITING. FOR. SO. LONG! My version of the second book of the series - Return to the Dark House - only recently released and so now I'm super excited to get to this as soon as possible. The first book was very inrtiguing and I still remember this cruel, cruel cliffhanger ... oh man. I'd definitely recommend this series!


3. The Girl from the Well series by Rin Chupeco

I actually finished the first book - The Girl from the Well - of this series a few weeks ago and loved it! It was great and reminded me a lot of those old well-made horror movies that still managed to scare me. If you liked The Ring and/or The Grudge you should definitely check it out - I'm already excited for the second book - The Suffering -, which I heard is supposed to be even better than the first!


4. The Shining by Stephen King

Sigh. This book has been on my TBR for ages and every Halloween I set myself the goal to finally finish it. I started it last year (I think?) but still haven't continued yet. Don't get me wrong, what I've read so far was really good but the font is so damn small and there are so many pages and it's kinda intimidating, haha. I'd say it's still a good book for some great and creepy nights.



And if you want to know more about my favorite YA Horror books, be sure to check out Tanya's Feature A Blogger post @ A Book Paradise where I shared them with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I read SAY HER NAME earlier this month and it totally creeped me out! I can't even sleep at night :/ I own a copy of THE GIRL FROM THE WELL, but oh my, that cover is too creepy to even be on my shelf!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is indeed creepy sp I'm glad I read it on my kindle, haha. I hope you enjoy it when you read it! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't want to scare you off from The Shining but I really really really didn't like that book. I feel like I missed something that everyone else liked about it. I didn't even think it was that scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really scary, I agree ... and so far it was only "okay", I don't even know when I'll get to it again ... ah well, whatever. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥