Thursday, October 6, 2016

Bookish time capsule to the future - what to "save"?

Hello, friends! On my hunt for blog post ideas - I'm kinda uncreative, bear with me - I stumbled upon this great idea* and thought it would be fun and interesting! So, you've all heard of time capsules, right? I'm sure you have! Wikipedia, can you please take over for a second and explain what these are?
 
time capsule;
A time capsule is a cache of goods or information that is intended as a method of communication with future people. It can contain photographs, letters, every day items, food seeds and and and - basically everything you can think of that might be important in the future.

Thank you, Wikipedia. Our bookish time capsule will hold 8 books/series that I think are worthy to save and preserve. They don't necessarily have to be historically important books or ones that really mean something - my list contains books that I loved and would want other people to read. Let's get started!


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

This book, ladies and gentlemen, is brilliant. I loved it with all my heart because it was amazingly well written and unique in its own way. Books about World War II / Holocaust aren't a rarity but having heard so much about it already ... it kind of got, oh I don't know, I don't wanna say "boring" - because it definitely isn't; it's incredibly important - but I was growing tired of it. However, Markus Zusak took a fantastic turn on it and made this book one of my alltime favorites. Definitely a must-read!

"Like most misery, it started with apparent happiness."



Wonder by R.J. Palacio

It's been a while that I read this book but I still remember how much I loved it. It's such a sweet book with many great messages - it'll make you think and appreciate who/how you are and what you have a lot more. Also, the main character is such an inspiring and brave young boy - we can definitely learn a thing or two from him!

"What is beautiful is good, and who is good will soon be beautiful."



A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

A book, I think, everyone should read. Patrick Ness created this little masterpiece and with his words he'll make you feel all the feels. Really, there's no way around it. It's beautiful, heartbreaking and holds so much truth in it ... I adored every second of it; maybe because it made me think about so many different (but important!) things while reading the book. Not an easy read but so worth it!

"You do not write your life with words...You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do."


Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

It's hilarious, thrilling, exciting, magical and just really, really cool - obviously I have to include the Harry Potter series. Just imagine future children growing up without them. Can you? I mean, I grew up without them as well but at least I got to read them now, ha! I would never deny anyone the pleasure of going to school at Hogwarts and diving into the fascinating world of Harry Potter. 

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."  


When It Rains by Lisa de Jong

This one is a rollercoaster, trust me. I cried my eyes out while reading this book because it was beautiful and had brilliant characters, a great storyline and everything I could've asked for in a book. All the crying will be worth it in the end ... you just need to let the author piece your fragile heart together again. Slowly. Carefully. And just so you know, it'll take time to get over this gorgeous book.

"Love is a powerful emotion. It has the ability to get you through anything. But you have to let it."



Obsidian (Lux series) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Of all the books, you ask, why would I include the Lux series?! Well, we don't know how far into the future my time capsule will go, so who knows, maybe there'll be aliens? Maybe humans were able to contact them or vice verca? How cool would it be for a human being that may or may not have encountered real aliens to read about the ones Jennifer L. Armentrout came up with! Maybe they're similar or it's a completely ridiculous imagination of how they look like and they can laugh about it. Either way, it would be fun!

"Well then, it’s time to introduce the world to a little bit of extraterrestrial awesomeness."


The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh

I wanted to include a retelling because I think they're really important and most of them turn out to be great. It's not the same as original stories but at least there's a little bit of truth in it anyway. I really liked the writing of this one and the amazingly well-written & fleshed out characters were so fascinating to read about. I had so much fun discovering the world and this story through their eyes. There are also some side-stories and lots of beautiful metaphors that I couldn't help but fall in love with. I just adored this book!

"Some things exist in our lives for but a brief moment. And we must let them go on to light another sky."


A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas

That was to be expected, right? I mean, if you know me a little bit and if you've read the lastest blog posts you will know how obsessed I am with Sarah's writing and - more specifically - Rhysand himself. Just ... OH MY GOD. I need future people to know that someone like Rhys exists (in books) and that this guy is loved by so many people because of his actions, because of how he treats Feyre and his friends and because of so many more reasons. I should probably print my spoiler-review and put it into the capsule as well ... just so they really understand.

"There are different kinds of darkness. There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful. There is the darkness of lovers, and the darkness of assassins. It becomes what the bearer wishes it to be, needs it to be. It is not wholly bad or good."
_______________________________________________

So these are the books I'd like to stuff into my time capsule and send off to the future - which would yours contain? Do you agree with some of my choices? 

* idea for this post is by http://www.vivatramp.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. Great choices! :D Now I kinda miss the Lux series, though. Sigh! And I STILL need to get my hands on A Monster Calls. Double sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Stephanie ... you HAVE TO read it asap! It's such a good book and ughhh! <3 It's also short so it shouldn't take that long, haha. :D

      Delete
  2. What a great idea...might have to do this myself over on my blog, if you don't mind! We have fairly different book loves which is what makes this so great-new books to add to my GIANT pile and to try! Thanks!
    September wasn't a great reading month for me either-that stinks! The only good thing about winter is more time to cozy up and read-can't wait!

    http://stephsbookramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do it! I'd love to read what books you would choose! And yes, I really hope I get to read a bit more with all those cold days - I can't wait! :D

      Delete
  3. If there is ANYONE that needs to survive time itself, it is Rhysand. I wholeheartedly agree on your other choices, but we both know this is the most important one. Great post, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too ... I just had to include him. I'm also gonna print your review to send it along because people need to read that too - plus, it's proof that I'm not the only one thinking he's the best, haha. :D ♥

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, omg yeeees. It's like I'll be joining him in eternity that way. Feels kinda good! You should really include your own as well btw. ;D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.